- 1 cup bread crumbs (Recommendeded: Kikkoman® Panko bread crumbs)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds of large shrimp (tail-on), rinsed and deveined
- Cooking Spray
- Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1 bottle Silver Spring™ Mango Wasabi Sauce
- 1 bottle Budweiser®
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9X13 sheet pan with cooking spray. Combine in a shallow dish: bread crumbs, coconut, cilantro, salt & pepper, and mix well. Place the beaten eggs in another shallow dish.
Dip the shrimp in the egg, then in the coconut mixture, turning to coat each completely. Place the breaded shrimp on the sheet pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Mango Dipping Sauce
Combine in a saucepan the bottle of wasabi sauce, 1 bottle of Budweiser®, brown sugar, honey, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, turn heat to med-low and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly and thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the fresh chopped cilantro. Serve warm or let cool completely.
Serve with the coconut shrimp.
©2014 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Silver Spring Foods