- 1 bone in prime rib beef roast, 3 ribs, about 6 lbs
- 5 garlic gloves, smashed
- 1 jar of Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- 1 jar of Silver Spring Sassy Horseradish Sauce
- Leaves from two fresh rosemary sprigs
- Leaves from four fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay beef in a large roasting pan with the bone side down (the ribs act as a natural roasting rack).
In a small bowl mash together the garlic, 1/4 cup of prepared horseradish, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil to make a paste. Massage the paste generously over the entire roast.
Put the pan in the oven and roast the beef until the internal temperature of the meat registers 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (medium-rare), 1.5 hours to 2 hours. Remove the beef to a carving board and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving. The internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise by about 10 degrees.
Pour the pan juices into a fat separator or small bowl and set aside to allow the fat and beef juices to separate. Pour off and discard the fat. Serve prime rib with remaining beef juice and horseradish sauce.
©2020 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Silver Spring Foods, Inc.