- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Silver Spring® Jalapeno Mustard
- 12 ounces buttermilk
- 6 ounces plain flour
- 6 ounces cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ounces sweet corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- Optional: for spicier cornbread, add 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chili peppers into the mixture with the cheese and sweet corn.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottom only of a 9x13 pan.
Combine the eggs and buttermilk in a small bowl and whisk together until well blended. Set aside.
In another bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt & sugar. Add the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Stir in the mustard, cheese and sweet corn.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes.
©2020 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Recipe Courtesy of Chef Laurel Robertson