Salads & Dressings
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 bunch kale, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Silver Spring Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Bring the quinoa and 1 1/3 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Place kale in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover saucepan with a lid and steam kale until hot, about 45 seconds and then transfer to a plate. Top kale with quinoa, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, and feta cheese.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, Silver Spring Dijon Mustard, sea salt, and black pepper together in a bowl to turn into dressing; pour over the salad.
©2019 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.