- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound steak (rump, skirt or flank steak)
- 3 bell peppers (colors of choice), deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- flour tortillas
- Lettuce leaves (low carb)
Mix together the marinade ingredients and then place steak in marinade.
Remove steak from the marinade. Heat one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill steak on each side until done to your liking. Set aside and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Wipe pan or grill plates with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
To serve steak, slice into thin strips. Pack into warmed tortillas (optional) and drizzle over the remaining marinade.
©2020 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Serves: 4 (2-taco) servings