- 6 small heads of broccoli
- 1/2 C freshly squeezed orange juice (or regular orange juice, kosher for passover)
- 1/2 C orange marmalade (kosher for passover)
- 2 TSP Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish or Prepared Horseradish for Passover
- 2 TBS red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 C sliced almonds, pan toasted
- 1 TSP kosher salt
- 1 TSP black pepper
Fill a large pot halfway with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Create an ice bath by filling a large, sturdy bowl with ice and then add cold water.
Remove stems from broccoli and cut florets into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Add to boiling water and par-cook for 3-4 minutes. It should have bite, but still be tender - a little past al dente.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to the ice bath for 1-2 minutes. This immediately stops the cooking process and helps the broccoli retain its beautiful green color. Transfer to a colander and drain well.
Whisk together the orange juice, marmalade, horseradish, onion, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a small non-stick pan over medium heat, toast sliced almonds, stirring constantly until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
Combine broccoli and orange sauce in a mixing bowl. Plate and garnish with toasted almonds.
Serve warm or cold.
Prep time, 15 mins
Cook time, 10 mins
©2020 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Silver Spring Foods