- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 6-ounce cans solid white tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Silver Spring Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- 4 large slices bread, lightly toasted
- 8 thin slices havarti cheese, or whatever cheese you prefer
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into slices (we used beefsteak)
- Dill pickles, optional for serving
Preheat the oven to 475F. Position one of the oven racks close to the broiler but not directly underneath it.
In a bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons mayo, drained tuna, chopped celery, parsley, & apple cider vinegar. Add salt and pepper to season.
In another bowl, mix together the remaining mayo, horseradish and mustard.
Arrange bread on a sheet pan and spread the mayo-horseradish-mustard mixture onto the bread. Scoop some of the tuna mix also on top of the bread in an even layer. Place one or two slices of cheese on top of the tuna mixture to cover. Layer on a tomato slice and cover with another slice of cheese.
Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
©2018 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Silver Spring Foods, Inc.