Why co-pack with Silver Spring?
Silver Spring's state-of-the-art facility allows us to produce an extensive variety of condiments in glass, plastic or pouches in the size that you desire. We offer custom labeling, excellent quality and taste, and contract or formula specific products.
Let Silver Spring pack products for your business with your company's private label on the bottle. Use our extensive co-packing experience, expertise and capital investment to help expand your product line.
Silver Spring's co-packing features:
- We are considered experts in the co-packing business, with more than 60 years of experience.
- We can create custom formulations under your private label or use our own established formulas for condiments.
- We use only the finest ingredients.
- Our manufacturing plant is fully kosher-certified through Orthodox Union.
- We can provide custom labeling to serve your company’s needs.
- We have hot-fill and cold-fill capabilities.
- We can shrink-pack tray cases and cardboard boxes in plastic for easy storage and shipping.
- We can put “born on” dates and identification numbers on your cases, with our ink-jet case-marking system.
- We can put “sell by” or “born on” dates on individual bottles to help you track the freshness of your packaged products.
- We can outfit your bottles with tamper-evident, heat-sealed safety bands.
- We can make multi-packs to help get your products into club stores.
Our packaging options include:
Contact us to learn more about our co-packing capabilities.
R & D Team
We have a full-time research and development team that is here to assist you in developing your product without making a large capital investment. We are capable of developing gluten free, all natural, kosher and organic formulas.
Our co-packing process begins with you and your ideas. We strive to develop a strong line of communication from the beginning and keep our customers involved throughout the development of the product.
- First, your ideas are submitted to our team for review. If a new formula is required, a recipe and/or samples are provided to Silver Spring to replicate in our test kitchen.
- Next, our Research & Development team will work on creating a sample based on what is provided to us. You are provided the opportunity to taste and review the formula until it meets your specifications. It is during this time where packaging and labeling options are discussed and decided upon.
- Once the formula is approved and packaging has been chosen, the case cost is quoted and submitted to you for review.
- After everything is finalized and a signed contract in place, the first order is placed.
Food safety is our number one commitment to our customers. We are currently involved in multiple initiatives including:
- GFSI – Global Food Safety Initiative
- BRC Certification
- A HACCP Program is in place
- Product lot traceability
- We can put manufactured dates and identification numbers on your cases with our ink jet case marking system
- We can put expiration or manufactured dates on individual bottles to let you keep track of freshness.
Silver Spring is the largest private label producer of horseradish in the nation. But just because we do horseradish so well doesn’t mean we stop there. We have the capabilities of producing a full line of products including:
- Flavored Mustards
- Asian Sauces
- Barbecue Sauces
- Salad dressings
Q: Do you have a minimum order for co-packing projects?
A: Yes, we require a one day (10 hour) production run on all co-packing projects.
Q: How long does the process take?
A: The process takes a different length of time from project to project.
Q: What is your lead time?
A: On average, our lead-time is 10 business days to ship. In some cases, however, your lead time may need to be adjusted depending on the ingredients your product requires.
Q: Are you Kosher?
A: Yes, we are certified kosher by Orthodox Union.
Q: Do you have organic and natural capabilities?
A: We are organic certified through Oregon Tilth under the National Organic Program (USDA). We are capable of producing natural products.