0 Shopping Bag $0.00
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a mailing list?
Yes we do! To receive special promotions, updates and more from Silver Spring Foods, sign up HERE!
Where can I find Silver Spring Products?
Although our products can be found in many major supermarkets, gourmet markets, and other specialty stores and farm markets, not all retailers that carry one item carry our entire line. In addition, national chains may not stock our products in all regions of the country. Check the product locator for information on grocery stores in your area that may have our products. If you are having a hard time finding our products, please check the following areas: Horseradish, Cocktail Sauce & Tartar Sauce - The dairy case; Mustards & Sauces - The deli/meat department or the condiment aisle. Still can't find what you are looking for? Ask your store manager to special order the product for you or you can order online.
Why is your horseradish/cocktail sauce so hot?
The fresher the product is, the "hotter" the profile will be. As it ages, it will lose some of its heat. To retain the flavor, always store under refrigeration in a tightly sealed container. Draining the vinegar from prepared horseradish makes it taste milder. In all recipes using horseradish, vary the amounts according to taste and to compensate for differences in "heat" that come with the natural aging of the prepared product. For a milder cocktail sauce, add a little ketchup and a squeeze of lemon to taste.
Are your products gluten free?
Most of our products do not contain gluten as an ingredient, however, other ingredients used may contain gluten. The vinegar used in our products is distilled from corn. The Food Starch used in some of our formulations is made from corn. Our Thai Chili Sauce is not gluten free as it contains soy sauce.
Are your products Kosher?
All of our Silver Spring products are daily Kosher under Orthodox Union supervision. In addition, we provide Prepared Horseradish and Horseradish with Beets that are Kosher for Passover. The Passover products are identified with a printed Kosher for Passover tamper evident band while our everyday product has a clear band.
How long can I use your products after the expiration date?
Silver Spring products stored under refrigeration will retain their flavor and "heat" for an extended period of time. It is a matter of personal taste. As horseradish ages and is exposed to air, it will in time lose some of its heat.
How do I read the code date?
The code dates on our Silver Spring products read as Best When Used by Date. Always check this date to assure that you are buying the freshest available products.
How can I grow my own horseradish?
Horseradish is planted in either spring or fall of the year, by using the stock from trimmings of the crop's main root at harvest. For optimal harvest, it is best to allow the root to mature for one entire year.
This jar of your product is hotter or not as hot as others I've had. Why does the heat level vary?
We work hard to offer fresh and most simple product formulations as possible. Horseradish, like other crops, is prone to variations due to growing conditions and location. We strive for consistency as much as possible; however, like any seasonal crop you may encounter a batch that is slightly different than others. Most of the time the differences in heat and texture are not noticeable to the average person. We are unique as we grow our own horseradish and routinely evaluate blends from our fields in order to provide the best horseradish possible to our valued customers.
In addition to the characteristic of the root itself, prepared horseradish is also hotter the fresher it is and will lose its heat the longer it sits unused, especially after opened and exposed to air. Elements such as refrigeration and time will impact the heat level which is why we encourage all retailers and consumers to keep our products refrigerated and rotated. A jar that is close to or past its best by date will probably be significantly milder than a jar that has been freshly packaged.
What are the "spices" listed in your products ingredient statements as I am intolerant to some spices?
Why are we shipping 2nd day for refrigerated product?
During the warm weather months we use 2nd day to ensure product quality.
Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Facebook Post Giveaway and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Silver Spring Foods, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Silver Spring Foods, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content and results of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on the exact time and day of the Facebook Post Giveaway and ending after seven (7) days. All online entries must be received within seven (7) days of the original giveaway post.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Facebook Post Giveaway provided at https://www.facebook.com/SilverSpringFoodsInc/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive Silver Spring Foods, Inc. package valued at $50. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Silver Spring Foods, Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Silver Spring Foods, Inc. discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Silver Spring Foods, Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random chance drawing under the supervision of Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Winner will be notified by Facebook post and/or comment within the original giveaway post within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Silver Spring Foods, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SILVER SPRING FOODS, INC.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., comment, post, social reaction/emoji, photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Silver Spring Foods, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Silver Spring Foods, Inc., and Silver Spring Foods, Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Silver Spring Foods, Inc. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Silver Spring Foods, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Silver Spring Foods, Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Silver Spring Foods, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Silver Spring Foods, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Silver Spring Foods, Inc. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Silver Spring Foods, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Silver Spring Foods, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Silver Spring Foods, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Silver Spring Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United States of America having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Attn: Facebook Post Giveaway 2424 Alpine Road Eau Claire, WI 54703 United States of America. Requests must be received no later than seven (7) days after contest ends.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Silver Spring Foods, Inc. 2424 Alpine Road Eau Claire, WI 54703 United States of America.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Silver Spring Foods, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
16. By participating in a Silver Spring Foods, Inc. giveaway, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.