Add a comment: Brat Bread
- 2 loaves French bread
- 10 brats, casing removed.
- 6 slices of your favorite cheese
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Silver Spring Stone Ground or Beer'n Brat Mustard
- Preheat grill to 350F.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Combine onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a medium pot.
- Place pot over medium heat and gently brown the onions, stirring occasionally.
- Slice both loaves of bread in half the long way.
- Remove some of the inside of the bread to make room for the brats.
- Coat the bottom of the bread with a thin layer of Silver Spring Stone Ground or Beer'n Brat Mustard.
- Cover the bread with your favorite cheese.
- Top the cheese with the browned onions.
- Cover the onions with the brats. Press the brats so that they are an even layer over the onions.
- Turn stove to meduim-high heat. Sear in pan until brats are brown.
- Grill brat side down for 15 minutes. Flip bun-side down and grill for an additional 10 minutes. If making in the oven instead of on the grill, bake brat-side down at 325 F degrees for 25 minutes.
- Flip bread over and grill for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into 2-inch sections and serve with additional Silver Spring mustard.
Comments about Brat Bread:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.