Add a comment: Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas
- 1 pound of large shrimp, deveined
- ¾ cup Silver Spring™ Chipotle Mustard
- 1 (10 oz.) bag angel hair coleslaw or 1 (10 oz) bag shredded cabbage
- 1 medium tomato, rough-chopped into ¼-inch size pieces (seeds removed)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup Silver Spring™ Chipotle Mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 small corn tortillas or medium-size flour tortillas
- Kosher salt
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
Rinse and dry the shrimp. Place in a large resealable bag and add ¾ cup of the mustard. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the coleslaw, chopped tomato, sliced scallions, sour cream, lime juice, and ½ cup mustard. Mix together and refrigerate.
Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator. Cook in a medium-size skillet (or grill pan) over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. These can also be cooked on the grill on high heat, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side.
Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat, until hot. Fry the tortillas one at a time until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with salt.
Layer onto the cooked tortilla: coleslaw salad, cooked shrimp and garnishes if you so choose.
Recipe courtesy of Based in part on a Food & Wine recipe, it has been modified by Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
Comments about Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.