Add a comment: Spice Cake Frosting
Spice Cake Frosting
Made With: Prepared Horseradish
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 12 ounces (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Pairs well with spice cake
- Using a mixer, beat butter on medium-high speed until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium. Add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, milk and horseradish, and beat until buttercream is smooth.
- Blend in food coloring 1 drop at a time until desired color is achieved. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Comments about Spice Cake Frosting:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.