SAVE $1.00 | Print Coupon & Save at a Retailer Near You
Add a comment: Fire Cider
Made With: Non-GMO Prepared Horseradish, Prepared Horseradish
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods
- ½ cup Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- ½ cup freshly peeled and grated ginger root
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 organic jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder or 2 tbsp freshly grated turmeric root
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup raw honey, or to taste
- Add Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish, ginger, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, turmeric and cayenne powder into quart-sized glass jar.
- Pour apple cider vinegar in the jar until all the ingredients are fully covered and the vinegar reaches the top of the jar. You want to be sure all the ingredients are covered to prevent spoilage.
- Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or use a plastic lid if you have one.
- Shake jar to combine all the ingredients and store in a dark, cool place for 4-6 weeks, remembering to shake the jar a few seconds every day.
- After one month, use a mesh strainer or cheesecloth to strain out the solids, pouring the vinegar into a clean jar. Be sure to squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can. Compost/discard solids.
- Add honey to the liquid and stir until incorporated.
- Taste your fire cider and add more honey if needed until you reach your desired sweetness.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or in a cold, dark place.
- Drink 1-2 Tablespoons when needed.
- Recipe inspired and adapted from eatingbirdfood.com & Mountain Rose Herbs
Comments about Fire Cider:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.