SAVE $1.00 | Print Coupon & Save at a Retailer Near You
Add a comment: Historical Salmon Casserole
Historical Salmon Casserole
Made With: Fresh Ground Horseradish, Non-GMO Prepared Horseradish, Prepared Horseradish
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice or 2 cups penne noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons more salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Silver Spring Fresh Ground, Prepared or Non-GMO Horseradish
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 - 1lb can salmon, flaked
- 2 whole canned pimientos, chopped
- 1 cup cooked and seasoned green peas
- ½ cup cracker crumbs
- 2 more tablespoons butter, this time melted
- Put water, rice or pasta and l teaspoon salt in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to vigorous boil, then turn heat as low as possible. Cover and leave over low heat 14 minutes.
- While rice or pasta cooks, melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender and yellow.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually blend in milk, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in Silver Spring Horseradish, Worcestershire sauce,·salmon, pimientos, peas and rice or pasta.
- Pour into well oiled 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top and pour melted butter over crumbs.
- Bake in 350° oven 40 minutes.
Comments about Historical Salmon Casserole:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.