Add a comment: Historical Meatloaf
- l ½ pounds round steak or ground beef
- ½ pound pork, ground
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- l medium onion, minced
- l cup celery, minced ·
- l medium carrot, grated
- ½ cup cornflakes
- l tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish, Non-GMO or Fresh Ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup canned tomatoes
- Combine the beef and pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Add eggs, onion, carrot, celery, cornflakes, ketchup and Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish.
- Combine all ingredients well, and form into two small loaves.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for several hours in refrigerator. (This prevents meat loaf from breaking apart while cooking).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook loaves in buttered or non-stick pans for roughly 40 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes over top of meatloaf.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.
Comments about Historical Meatloaf:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.