Add a comment: Prime Rib
- 1 bone in prime rib beef roast, 3 ribs, about 6 lbs
- 5 garlic gloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup of Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- Leaves from two fresh rosemary sprigs
- Leaves from four fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar of Silver Spring Sassy Horseradish Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay beef in a large roasting pan with the bone side down (the ribs act as a natural roasting rack).
- In a small bowl mash together the garlic, 1/4 cup of Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil to make a paste. Massage the paste generously over the entire roast.
- Put the pan in the oven and roast the beef until the internal temperature of the meat registers 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (medium-rare), 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
- Remove the beef to a carving board and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving. The internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise by about 10 degrees.
- Pour the pan juices into a fat separator or small bowl and set aside to allow the fat and beef juices to separate. Pour off and discard the fat.
- Serve prime rib with remaining beef juice and Silver Spring Horseradish Sauce.
Comments about Prime Rib:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.