Add a comment: Roasted Pepper Salsa
Roasted Pepper Salsa
Made With: Non-GMO Prepared Horseradish
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 2 large Pasilla Peppers
- 4-5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small or ½ medium sweet onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 Tablespoons Non-GMO Prepared Horseradish
- Juice from 1 small lime
- ¼ Cup fresh oregano
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:Watch our "How-To" Video HERE!
- Roast peppers over open flame on a gas stovetop or barbeque until well-charred. Set aside to cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Remove seeds, then cut into quarters.
- Large dice the sweet onion.
- Fine dice the garlic.
- Cut lime in half. Use a fork to help squeeze lime juice with your hand.
- When peppers are cool, slice open along length, remove stems and seeds. Coarsely chop.
- In food processor with blade attachment, add the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, horseradish, and lime juice.
- Add lid and pulse until a coarse chop is achieved, about 10 pulses over 10 seconds.
- Remove lid and scrape down sides with a spatula.
- Add oregano, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Place lid on food processor and pulse again to achieve a fine dice, about 10 pulses over 10 seconds. Be careful not to over process to avoid creating soup.
- Transfer salsa into a large mixing bowl.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl with your favorite tortilla chips.
- Store in a glass container with a lid and use within two weeks.
Comments about Roasted Pepper Salsa:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.