Add a comment: Cheesy Chorizo and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Cheesy Chorizo and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Made With: Chipotle Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 9 oz tube of Mexican Chorizo
- 2.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Queso Chihuahua or Monterey Jack)
- ¼ cup Silver Spring Chipotle Mustard
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup chopped frozen spinach
- 5-6 Bell Peppers
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the sausage and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and add cooked quinoa, scallions, corn, spinach, and Silver Spring Chipotle Mustard to the skillet.
- Allow the chorizo and quinoa mixture to cool, then add the cheese.
- Cut the tops off and seed the bell peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and place in a large greased baking dish.
- Replace the tops of the peppers and fill the bottom of the baking dish with a few tablespoons of water.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and serve.
Comments about Cheesy Chorizo and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.