SAVE $1.00 | Print Coupon & Save at a Retailer Near You
Add a comment: Croque Monsieur
Soups & Sandwiches
Made With: Whole Grain Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Silver Spring Whole Grain Mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 thick slices of bread
- 6 oz deli sliced ham
- 4 oz gruyere cheese (grated)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, add flour, and cook, stirring constantly for two minutes. Slowly add milk stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Silver Spring Whole Grain Mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread all 8 slices of bread with sauce mixture all the way to the edges of the bread.
- Place four slices, sauce side up on a parchment-lined pan. Top with ham and half of the grated gruyere.
- Add the remaining four slices, sauce side up, on top of the ham and cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
Comments about Croque Monsieur:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.