Add a comment: French Onion Soup
Soups & Sandwiches
French Onion Soup
Made With: Stone Ground Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 ½ pounds yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp Silver Spring Stone Ground Mustard
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup cubed bread
- 2 cups shredded gruyere
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add the thinly sliced onions, salt and pepper.
- Stir over medium heat for 45 minutes while onions are soft and brown.
- Add flour when onions are brown and soft and stir to coat evenly.
- Gently add the beef broth, Silver Spring Stone Ground Mustard, and thyme. Bring to a simmer
- Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Spoon soup into oven safe bowl ¾ of the way to the top.
- Top with cubed bread and shredded gruyere.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melty and bubbles.
Comments about French Onion Soup:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.