Add a comment: Light and Crispy Fish Sandwich with Silver Spring Tartar Sauce
Soups & Sandwiches
Light and Crispy Fish Sandwich with Silver Spring Tartar Sauce
Made With: Tartar Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 4 - 4 oz fillets of cod, halibut, or other flaky white fish
- 4 slices American cheese
- ½ - ¾ cup neutral oil for frying such as grapeseed or sunflower
- 4 Brioche buns
- Silver Spring Tartar Sauce
For the Dredge:
- ⅓ cup white flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBLS corn meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1TBLS onion powder
- 1TBLS garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
- Fill a large cast iron skillet with about ¾ inch oil and preheat over medium heat until the oil holds at 350 - 375 degrees F.
- Measure the dry ingredients (dredge) into a large zip top bag, seal, and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Pour the dry dredge mix into a second shallow dish.
- Roll each fillet in the dredge, egg wash, then back through the dredge.
- Fry on each side until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Toast the buns if desired and layer with a fried fillet, American cheese slice, and a generous spoonful of Silver Spring Tartar Sauce.
Comments about Light and Crispy Fish Sandwich with Silver Spring Tartar Sauce:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.