Add a comment: Spicy Sausage and Peppers Baguette
Soups & Sandwiches
Spicy Sausage and Peppers Baguette
Made With: Beer 'n Brat Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 5 sweet Italian sausages in casing
- 5 hot Italian sausages in casing
- 2 TBLS olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 soft baguettes
- 4 TBLS butter
- 2 TBLS Silver Spring Beer‘n Brat Mustard
- Place the sausages in a large skillet, add 1 inch of water to the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in another skillet on medium high. Add garlic and bell peppers to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Drain the water from the sausages in the skillet and drizzle about a tablespoon of oil into the pan. Brown and crisp the casings over medium high heat. Remove from heat and slice into 1 inch pieces. Return drained sausages to pan and sear on each side.
- Slice each baguette into fourths then slice each piece down the middle and butter the insides.
- Broil on low until the bread is toasted then spread with Silver Spring Beer ‘n Brat Mustard.
- Add the cooked sausages to the peppers and garlic, and toss to combine. Pile the sausage and peppers into each roll. Top with even more Silver Spring Beer ‘n Brat Mustard if desired.
Comments about Spicy Sausage and Peppers Baguette:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.