Add a comment: Turkey Cranberry Club
Soups & Sandwiches
Turkey Cranberry Club
Made With: Cranberry Horseradish
Recipe courtesy of Milwaukee Burger Co.
- Sliced loaf bread
- 1 lb turkey meat: cooked as desired
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Silver Spring Cranberry Horseradish
- Optional: lettuce
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
For onion strings:
- Peel the onions and slice very thin, use a mandoline slicer if you can.
- Separate the onion slices and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour the buttermilk over the top. Press the onions down so they're submerged as much as possible and let them soak on the counter for at least an hour. Stir them around halfway through the soaking process.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, black pepper and set aside.
- Pour 1 to 2 quarts canola oil in a pot. Heat to 375 degrees F, or until a pinch of flour sizzles when sprinkled over the pot.
- Using tongs, remove a handful of onions from the buttermilk and immediately dunk into the flour mixture. Coat the onions in the flour mixture, and then tap them on the inside of the bowl to shake off the excess.
- Drop the onions in the hot oil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oil when golden brown and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with the remaining onion slices and set aside when done.
To assemble Turkey Cranberry Club:
- Spread cranberry horseradish on one slice of toasted bread.
- Add layer of turkey and top with provolone, avocado, and onion strings.
Serve and enjoy!
Comments about Turkey Cranberry Club:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.