Add a comment: Tempura Vegetables with Cocktail Sauce
Tempura Vegetables with Cocktail Sauce
Made With: Prepared Horseradish
Recipe courtesy of Alexis Harrison of @crowded_kitchen
- 6 cups sliced vegetables of choice (green beans, par-cooked sweet potato rounds, carrot sticks, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups sparkling water
- 2 ice cubes
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- Heat a few inches of high-heat oil in a large dutch oven to 375˚F.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a fork, slowly whisk in the sparkling water and ice cubes (to keep the batter cold) until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Using a fork, coat vegetables in batter (one at a time), then slide into the heated oil and fry for ~2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Whisk together all ingredients for cocktail sauce.
- Serve vegetables warm with cocktail sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Alexis Harrison of @crowded_kitchen.
Comments about Tempura Vegetables with Cocktail Sauce:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.