Add a comment: Wisco Queso
Made With: Beer 'n Brat Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 1-19oz pack of bratwurst sausag
- 2 TBLS butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 TBLS Silver Spring Beer’n Brat Mustard
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1 cup Gruyere, shredded
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Toasted sliced pretzel bread, sliced French bread, bagel chips, pretzels, or crackers of your choice for serving
- Remove Bratwurst from casing and fry in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a spatula to break up the sausage while it browns.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, reduce heat to medium-low and add butter to the pan with the crumbled bratwurst. Once the butter melts, sprinkle with flour and mix until the flour and fat form a smooth paste like consistency.
- Increase heat to medium and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Wisk in milk, beer, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking over medium heat while stirring frequently until mixture thickens and flour no longer tastes raw.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly incorporate cheese, stirring until all of the cheese melts into a smooth sauce. Transfer to serving crock, garnish with sliced green onions. Serve warm with toasted sliced pretzel bread or “carby” dipping vessel of choice.
Comments about Wisco Queso:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.