Add a comment: Zing Dog
- Hot dogs & buns
- Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dill pickle, diced
- Fresh tomato, diced
- Sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Celery seed
- 1-2 tablespoons Silver Spring Non GMO Prepared Horseradish
- Silver Spring Stone Ground Mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Directions:Watch our "How-To" Video HERE!
- In a cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sweet onion and saute until caramelized, about 6-8 minutes. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan the onions were cooked in, add bacon and cook until crispy. Set aside and let cool before chopping.
- In a small bowl, add ketchup and horseradish, mix well and set aside. Can be made ahead of time and kept refrigerated. Pro Tip: make extra to have on hand for anything you put ketchup on!
- Chop pickles, tomato, shred cheese, and set aside in separate bowls.
- Grilling hot dogs is preferred, but you can cook them any way you like.
- Don’t forget to warm the buns!
- Assemble the Zing Dogs: add Silver Spring Stone Ground Mustard and Horseradish ketchup. Layer caramelized onions, pickles, tomato, grated cheese, chopped bacon, and finish with celery seed.
Comments about Zing Dog:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.