Add a comment: Holiday Crostini Trio
Ingredients:For the Crostini
- One large French baguette, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ lb thinly shaved leftover prime rib or seared ribeye (very rare)
- ¼ cup Silver Spring Applewood Smoked Horseradish
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ packaged fried shallots (or French fried onions)
- 4 oz Brie cheese
- ¼ cup Silver Spring Cranberry Horseradish
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
- 1 tsp shucked rosemary
- ½ lb bacon, diced
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Silver Spring Whole Grain Mustard
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Cook diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until fat renders and bacon begins to crisp. Remove bacon from the pan and set aside. Drain all but one tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the thinly sliced sweet onions. Stir occasionally until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- Add the bacon back to the pan along with the bourbon, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium high heat until the mixture takes on a jam like consistency. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Melt butter and combine with olive oil, brush baguette rounds with the oil and butter mixture, par cook the crostini until lightly toasted, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and to 1/3 of them spoon on about a tablespoon of the bacon onion jam. Top 1/3 of the crostini with sliced brie, and to the other 1/3 add a small stack of shaved prime rib. Return the crostini to the 425 degree oven and warm for another minute or two. Transfer to a serving platter and finish assembly as follows.
Assembly and Serving
- Finish the bacon and onion jam crostini with a teaspoon sized dollop of Silver Spring Whole Grain Mustard and a sprinkling of fresh thyme.
- Finish each of the Brie crostini with 2 teaspoons of Silver Spring Cranberry Horseradish, chopped pecans, and rosemary leaves
- Finish the prime rib crostini with a few baby arugula leaves, dollop with about a half teaspoon of Silver Spring Applewood Smoked Horseradish and sprinkle with fried shallots.
Serve & enjoy!
Comments about Holiday Crostini Trio:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.