Add a comment: Potato Salad with Bacon
Potato Salad with Bacon
Made With: Dijon Mustard
Recipe courtesy of foodiewithfamily.com | Recipe and photo created by Rebecca Lindamood of Foodie With Family
- 3 pounds red creamer potatoes cut into bite sized pieces, about 1-inch
- 1 gallon water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Silver Spring Dijon Mustard
- 1 pound bacon cooked til crispy and crumbled or chopped. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon for garnish.
- 6 green onions green parts only, thinly sliced. Reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped. Reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled, and sliced. Reserve 3 slices for garnish.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot high heat. Add 1/4 cup of salt to the water and stir to dissolve. Carefully add the potatoes to the water and return to a boil.
Boil the potatoes for between 8 and 15 minutes, depending on what size you cut them. Beginning at 8 minutes, use tongs to extract a piece of potato and test for doneness. Do this until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork, knife, toothpick, or skewer.
Drain in a colander, then immediately return the potatoes to the pan.
Add vinegar and diced sweet onion to the pan and toss to distribute. Put a tight fitting lid on the pan and refrigerate to bring the potatoes to body temperature.
Stir in the Silver Spring Dijon Mustard, mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and chopped, crispy bacon. Transfer to a serving bowl.
You can either garnish with the remaining bacon, hard-boiled egg, parsley, and green onion and serve warm, or cover and refrigerate to chill.
If you refrigerate it first, stir, and add a little extra mayonnaise if needed before garnishing and serving.
Comments about Potato Salad with Bacon:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.