Add a comment: Everything Bagel Skillet Cornbread
Side Dishes Everything Bagel Skillet Cornbread
Made With: Everything Bagel Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Chef Steve Knowlton, Pablo Center & Feed My People Food Bank
- 1/3 cup Silver Spring Everything Bagel Mustard
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or regular milk)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- Optional garnish including scallions, bell peppers and more honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, or on the stovetop.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour 6 tablespoons melted butter into the batter. Stir until just combined.
- Add mustard to the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the cast iron skillet.
- Pour corn bread mixture into the cast iron skillet.
- Bake the cornbread in the oven at 425°F for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from stove and turn out on to a platter, garnish as desired.
- Store leftovers in a covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Watch the video here: How-To Cooking Video
More info here: Cook With Feed My People
Comments about Everything Bagel Skillet Cornbread:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.