Add a comment: Sweet Potato Gratin with Stone Ground Mustard
Sweet Potato Gratin with Stone Ground Mustard
Made With: Stone Ground Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 5 TBLS butter
- 5 TBLS flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 TBLS Silver Spring Stone Ground Mustard
- Peel the sweet potatoes and half them lengthwise then cut each half into ¼ inch slices.
- Arrange the sliced sweet potatoes in a high walled baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat and sprinkle with flour. Cook while stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Warm the milk to room temperature in the microwave then whisk into saucepan in 1 cup aliquots allowing the sauce to thicken between each addition.
- Turn the heat to medium low and whisk constantly while cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the spices and cheese.
- Once all of the cheese is incorporated, add the Silver Spring Stone Ground Mustard to the sauce.
- Pour over sliced sweet potatoes and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
Comments about Sweet Potato Gratin with Stone Ground Mustard:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.