Add a comment: Vegan Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup asparagus, shaved or cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Silver Spring Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
Orzo Pasta Salad:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook orzo according to package directions. About 1 1/2 minutes before the orzo is done, add the asparagus. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it all in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, asparagus, spinach, brussels sprouts, bell pepper, tomatoes, parsley, and almonds.
Lemon Dijon Dressing:
In a glass measuring cup, small bowl, or jar, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until combined. Pour over the pasta salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir again. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of theliveinkitchen.com | Recipe and photo created by Lindsay Moe of Live In Kitchen
Comments about Vegan Orzo Pasta Salad:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.