SAVE $1.00 | Print Coupon & Save at a Retailer Near You
Add a comment: Secret Ingredient Salted Caramels
Secret Ingredient Salted Caramels
Made With: Dijon Mustard
Recipe courtesy of Silver Spring Foods, Inc.
- 2 c white sugar
- 1 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1 c light corn syrup
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 c butter (softened)
- 1 TBLS Silver Spring Dijon Mustard
- 1TBLS kosher salt or other very coarse salt
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with two pieces of parchment, each long enough to fully drape over the 4 sides of the dish. Spray the parchment liberally with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large saucepan, combine the white and brown sugars, corn syrup, heavy cream, and butter, stir over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pot (keep the thermometer about 1 inch from the bottom to avoid a misreading).
- Simmer the mixture while stirring occasionally for about 40 minutes until the thermometer registers 245 degrees F (the thermometer moves faster as more liquid evaporates, so watch closely once the caramel has reached about 225 degrees F).
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the dijon mustard until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to the lined and greased baking dish and cool for 20 minutes before sprinkling with coarse salt.
- Cool 4 hours at room temperature before cutting and wrapping the caramels in wax paper.
- Lift the parchment to remove the caramels from the pan and cut into eight 1 inch strips, then cut each strip into about 6 uniform pieces.
- Wrap each individual caramel in a piece of wax paper and twist the ends. Store in an airtight container.
Comments about Secret Ingredient Salted Caramels:
Be the first to comment on this recipe! Click the "write a review" button above.